Wednesday 20 September 2017

Rob Johnstone

Rob Johnstone is a former student that took media studies last year. He got top marks for his blog last year. Rob gave the class tips and ideas that could make my music video and blog better.


Rob gave me tips on how to use a green screen, this is because I have no previous knowledge on how to film or edit green screen. Rob said to use normal photography lights to illuminate the actor. He said to do this use the drama studio in the school, this is because the drama studio is dark so I can manipulate the light. Rob mentioned that I could use green cloth to film the screen, also when filming, makes sure that the actor is not wearing green clothes, as it will not work and the editing will make the actor invisible.

Rob taught me how to edit the green screen so I can put shots on it. He said to use the colour blend tool in Premier Pro and click on the green screen. This helped me, because I had no previous knowledge on how to use and edit green screen.

To make sure that I use and edit green screen to the best quality, Rob told me to research Youtube videos on green screen to get more information on how to use it. He also said to experiment with loads of different shots and do loads of trials, this is so I can get used to editing green screen. This helped me, because I know how to make my editing better.


 Rob also said to do loads of test shots of our main character, as then there is not time wasted by trying to get the right angles and distance when filming. He said to test the make up that we will use on the main character, this is again because there will be no wasted time on the day of filming.

The visit from Rob Johnstone helped me because I now know how to use and edit green screen, as I did not previously know, this could of wasted time when editing as it could have been lit wrong on the day. The visit also helped as it means that I know to film test shots as I did not previously have that idea, this can save time and helps to film day as no time will be wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment