Thursday 28 December 2017

Digipak Ancillary research

For my second ancillary task I will be making a digipak for the song. So I have done some research on other digipaks.

Image result for american idiot cd

This digipak is of the Green Day album "American Idiot", this is the album that the song Boulevard of broken dreams (this is the song that I am doing for my music video) is from. Looking at this digipak, there are a lot of dark colours, but the digipak is also very simple as there is not a lot on the digipak.

Image result for digipak

This is a digipak from the band The Script, this is similar to American Idiot from Green Day, this is because both of the digipaks use hands in the digipak, there are, however brighter colours in the digipak, however there is a lot of cream like colours in the digipak. This one also features the band on the front cover of the digipak, this is different as the band does not feature in the American Idiot digipak at all.

From this I have learnt that there are different ways to present the album of a band or artist and that there are many ways to present the emotion of the album ( dark being sad etc.). 

No comments:

Post a Comment