Monday 30 October 2017

Representation

In my music video, I have two characters, a male and a female. I want to represent the characters in different ways throughout the film.


This is Eddie Wilkinson, he is playing the male character in my music video. He is 17 years old, this is good as it is the same age as my target audience, this means that it is easier for the audience to identify with the character.
I have chosen Eddie because he fits the stereotype of a male teenager, this is what I want the character to be like. It means that more people can identify with the character.
I will represent Eddie in two different ways, the first way is in a strong and happy. As he is in a relationship. I will do this by using different coloured clothes and filters on the flim. However this will change towards the end of the music video, this is because the relationship has ended and he cannot move on. This means that I will represent him as weak and sad. This will be done in the same way that I am representing Eddie at the start of the video, this means that there is continuity in the music video.

Inline image

This is Joy Strason, he is playing the lead female role in my music video. She is 17 years old, I have chosen Joy as she is the same age as my target audience and this means that the audience will identify with the character more.
]Another reason I have chosen Joy, is that she fits the stereotype of a teenager, this is good as it means that the audience will know what age she is in the music video.
Joy will be represented in two differetn way, this is like Eddie, as at the start and the end of the music video she will be represented as being strong and happy. I will do this by using filters on the film and the clothes Joy will be wearing. In the middle of the music video, however, Joy will be represented as being sad and weak. I will also do this by the clothes that she will wear and the filters that I will use on the film when editing.

From this I have learnt how to represent each character and when I will change how I will represent them. This is good as I can now move on to the filming of my music video and editing it in the way I want the characters to be represented.

No comments:

Post a Comment