Wednesday 10 January 2018

Location shots

When filming the first lot of clips that I can edit in my music video, I used four locations to film different sections of the music video.


This location is the River Otter, in this location I filmed a number of shots of the two main character before they had broken up. I used the river as a background for these clips as they look aesthetically pleasing. I also used this location to film, as it is a romantic location and is a believable place for a couple to go on a date. When filming at the river, I chose a day that was sunny and bright, as this will also make the video lighter, which is good because I was shooting the happier shots.


This location is Gandy Street in Exeter, Devon. I am using this location because it is a narrow street that people can see from one end to the other, this is good for the shots that I want from this location. The shot from this location is of the main character (This character being played by Eddie) walking towards the camera, alone. On this day I wanted a darker and dingier day, the narrow street helped, as the shot is meant to be sadder then the previous location.

Inline image

The image above is of Exmouth beach. In this location the shots that where taken were of the two main characters when they are in their relationship, I am using this particular quite heavily in the first section of the music video, this is because the beach is quite a cliche location to have a date. I have filmed many different shots in this location in different areas of the beach. When deciding on a day when I wanted to film, I chose a day that best suited the feel of the scene, so I chose a day that was bright.

I used the main hall of The King's School to film the green screen and lip syncing sections of my music video. This was because the natural lighting of the main hall was good and I could then edit the green screen. For the green screen sections I filmed all of the lip syncing that Eddie has to do and I filmed the chorus that uses four more people (From left to right - Andy, Jamie, Eddie, Sam and Liam).

No comments:

Post a Comment